We now have the opportunity to build on that success, to invest in the future and ensure that Saint Simon Parish School remains one of the top elementary schools in Silicon Valley.
The school is proposing to build a new multipurpose room that would enable a robust implementation of science in grades K-5, provide a home for the school’s robotics program, and serve as a location for various STEM-related after-school activities. The multipurpose room would add about 1,000 square feet to the school’s administrative wing by adding a classroom adjacent to the library.
• Greenhouse window for growing seedlings
• Dedicated space for after-school robotics as well as storage for robotics fields and supplies
• Movable tables for collaborative student work
• Engineered steel strut grid for suspending experiments
• 3-D printer for makerspace projects
• Weather station with large data display
• Open ceiling designed to expose mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems
• Blackout shades to facilitate experiments with light
• Two large sinks for students to clean up after messy activities
• Teacher prep area with sink, microwave, and refrigerator
The required funds needed for this project are $2.1 m. We have raised approximately $2m to date. Construction is underway and is expected to be completed this fall.
Please help us reach our fundraising goal by contributing to this important project. We appreciate your support to help us continue to provide a top-rated education to students in our Parish and community.
Many employers sponsor matching gift programs and will match any charitable contributions made by their employees.
Check here to see if your company provides matching gifts.