We are so grateful to our community for this investment in our future to ensure that Saint Simon Parish School remains one of the top elementary schools in Silicon Valley.
The new multipurpose STEM room enables a robust implementation of science in grades K-5, provide a home for the school’s robotics program, and serve as a location for various STEM-related after-school activities. The multipurpose room adds about 1,000 square feet to the school.
• Greenhouse window for growing seedlings
• Dedicated space for after-school robotics as well as storage for robotics fields and supplies
• Movable tables for collaborative student work
• Engineered steel strut grid for suspending experiments
• 3-D printer for makerspace projects
• Weather station with large data display
• Open ceiling designed to expose mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems
• Blackout shades to facilitate experiments with light
• Two large sinks for students to clean up after messy activities
• Teacher prep area with sink, microwave, and refrigerator